Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April 18, 2011

Hola familia!!

This week was a hard one! Trying to complete all the goals and pushing
myself harder than ever to get stuff done!!! Turns out the mission can
be really hard work sometimes! We had our one investigator with a
baptisimal date and he is so not showing that he´s ready to get
baptised and he didn´t show up to church and now he´s lost his
baptisimal date! So we went and visited him and we told him and he
just said he´ll just wait until he gets back from brasil in about a
month or so!!! Ya totally bites!! So our weekly goal of lessons with a
member is 15 and up to yesterday we only had 5 so I sent my companion
with another elder who is still waiting for his companion and I worked
with a member! We left church at noon and skipped lunch and started
knocking doors trying to get lesson after lesson and contact after
contact! Well we ended up completing our goals and did 8 lessons with
a member, 2 new converts and less actives and 1 other lesson!! That’s
what I call work! I´m super tired by we completed our goals and that’s
all that matters! We´ve been trying to find people lately but were
just having a period of bad luck and we cant find the right people!!
We just keep finding the people that don´t want to progress and that
only want to talk about god!!! It can be very very stressfull
sometimes but the lord has blessed me with patience!! Well the
transfers are this Wednesday and i´m kinda thinking I might go because
I have been here in riberalta for 6 months, but Tuesday night they are
going to call and we shall find our fate!! Things are going good In
bolivia, the heat is comin on in, it continues to rain every once in a
while but mostly humidity is what settles here! Work, work and more
work like I said right now we haven´t found anyone “special” yet but
were working on it, we might have a few that could be progressors but
as of now were still searching!! Spanish Is coming really good, I wish
I was with a latino so I could speak more and learn more cause
training a gringo sure doesn´t help with my Spanish ya know!! But I
guess it really helps him!! So how are you all doing at home!! Whats
new! Glad to hear that blessings are getting handed out to you all
daily!! I´m learning a lot about the scriptures and I cant wait to get
home to share everything that’s being learned!!! Well I love you all
very much and I pray for you daily! Never forget that the next life is
better than this! And our success is a reflection of our choices we
make! Get to know yourselves!! Then you´ll know of your purpose here
in this life and the duties you are to complete to help the lord build
his kingdom on the earth! And I promise that as soon as you find out
who you are you will wish you would have tried harder! That’s a quote
from pres. Eyering! Lets all learn from it
I love you! Your all in my thoughts and prayers
Love elder olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment